The true conservative is not at home in social struggle. He will attempt to avoid unbridgeable schism, because he knows that a stable social structure thrives not on triumphs but on reconciliations.
The nice thing about being a celebrity is that, if you bore people, they think it’s their fault.
We cannot always assure the future of our friends; we have a better chance of assuring our future if we remember who our friends are.
The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
Topics: Anxiety, Reality, War, Fear, Opportunities
The most fundamental problem of politics, which is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Madeleine Albright Czech-born American Diplomat
- Adlai Stevenson American Diplomat
- John Foster Dulles American Lawyer
- R. James Woolsey, Jr. American Diplomat
- Colin Powell American Military Leader
- George Marshall American Military Leader
- Carlos P. Romulo Philippine Diplomat
- Jimmy Carter American Head of State
- Romain Gary French Diplomat
- Pablo Neruda Chilean Poet