So youve been over into Russia? said Bernard Baruch, and I answered very literally, I have been over into the future and it works.
That what is true of business and politics is gloriously true of the professions, the arts and crafts, the sciences, the sports. That the best picture has not yet been painted; the greatest poem is still unsung; the mightiest novel remains to be written; the divinest music has not been conceived even by Bach. In science, probably ninety-nine percent of the knowable has to be discovered. We know only a few streaks about astronomy. We are only beginning to imagine the force and composition of the atom. Physics has not yet found any indivisible matter, or psychology a sensible soul.
- Germaine Greer Australia Academic
- Carl Bernstein American Journalist
- Norman Cousins American Journalist
- H. L. Mencken American Journalist, Literary Critic
- James Fallows American Journalist
- Walter Lippmann American Journalist
- John Kotter American Academic
- William Graham Sumner American Polymath
- Randy Pausch American Academic
- S. I. Hayakawa Canadian-born American Academic