The more serious the illness, the more important it is for you to fight back, mobilizing all your resources-spiritual, emotional, intellectual, physical.
The tragedy of life is in what dies inside a man while he lives — the death of genuine feeling, the death of inspired response, the awareness that makes it possible to feel the pain or the glory of other men in yourself.
Respect for the fragility and importance of an individual life is still the mark of an educated man.
War is an invention of the human mind. The human mind can invent peace with justice.
Wisdom consists of the anticipation of consequences.
- Carl Bernstein American Journalist
- Midge Decter American Journalist
- Walter Lippmann American Journalist
- B. C. Forbes Scottish-born American Journalist
- Lincoln Steffens American Journalist
- H. L. Mencken American Journalist, Literary Critic
- Shana Alexander American Journalist
- Katherine Anne Porter American Journalist
- James Fallows American Journalist
- Gail Sheehy American Journalist