Of all possessions, contentedness is the best by far.
He who does not attempt to make peace
When small discords arise,
Is like the bee’s hive which leaks drops of honey –
Soon, the whole hive collapses.
He who knoweth the precepts by heart, but faileth to practice them, Is like unto one who lighteth a lamp and then shutteth his eyes.
- Shantideva Indian Buddhist Scholar
- Nagasena Indian Buddhist Sage
- D. T. Suzuki Japanese Buddhist Philosopher
- Alan Watts British Buddhist Philosopher
- Jiddu Krishnamurti Indian Philosopher
- Basava Indian Hindu Philosopher
- Patanjali Indian Hindu Philosopher
- J. P. Vaswani Indian Hindu Philosopher
- The 14th Dalai Lama Tibetan Buddhist Religious Leader
- Ramakrishna Paramahamsa Indian Hindu Philosopher