- ‘The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna‘ by Swami Nikhilananda, Aldous Huxley
- ‘Ramakrishna: His Life and Sayings‘ by Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa
- ‘Ramakrishna Paramahamsa: The Sadhaka of Dakshineswar‘ by Amiya P. Sen
- ‘1,001 Pearls of Yoga Wisdom: Take Your Practice Beyond the Mat‘ by Liz Lark
As long as I live, so long do I learn.
As a toy fruit or a toy elephant reminds one of the real fruit and the living animal, so do the images that are worshipped remind one of the God who is formless and eternal.
Rain-water never stands on high ground, but runs down to the lowest level. So also the mercy of God remains in the hearts of the lowly, but drains off from those of the vain and the proud.
The winds of grace are blowing all the time. You have only to raise your sail.
I see God walking in every human form. When I meet different people, I say to myself, “God in the form of the saint, God in the form of the sinner, God in the form of the righteous, God in the form of the unrighteous.”
More are the names of God and infinite are the forms through which He may be approached. In whatever name and form you worship Him, through them you will realise Him.
Men are like pillow-cases. The colour of one may be red, that of another blue, and that of the third black; but all contain the same cotton within. So it is with man; one is beautiful, another is ugly, a third holy , and a fourth wicked; but the Divine Being dwells in them all.
If you first fortify yourself with the true knowledge of the Universal Self, and then live in the midst of wealth and worldliness, surely they will in no way affect you.
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say that there are no stars in the heavens during the day? Because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Once a person has faith, he has achieved everything.
As you pray to God for devotion, so also pray that you may not find fault with anyone.
- Paramahansa Yogananda Indian Hindu Mystic
- Swami Vivekananda Indian Hindu Mystic
- Ramana Maharshi Indian Hindu Mystic
- Swami Chinmayananda Indian Hindu Teacher
- Nisargadatta Maharaj Indian Hindu Religious Leader
- Sri Aurobindo Indian Hindu Nationalist
- Sathya Sai Baba Indian Hindu Religious Leader
- Rabindranath Tagore Indian Hindu Polymath
- Patanjali Indian Hindu Philosopher
- J. P. Vaswani Indian Hindu Philosopher