The man who saves time by galloping loses it by missing his way; the shepherd who hurries his flock to get them home spends the night on the mountain looking for the lost; economy does not consist in haste, but in certainty.
I would like to see a state of society in which every man and woman preferred the old Scottish Sunday to the modern French one. We should then find solid and eternal foundations of character and self-command.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- David Lloyd George British Liberal Statesman
- Winston Churchill British Head of State
- Neville Chamberlain British Head of State
- Harold Macmillan British Head of State
- William Ewart Gladstone English Liberal Statesman
- E. F. L. Wood, 1st Earl of Halifax British Politician
- Benjamin Disraeli British Head of State
- Margaret Thatcher British Head of State
- John Morley, 1st Viscount Morley of Blackburn British Statesman
- Nancy Astor, Viscountess Astor American-born British Politician