If one benefits tangibly from the exploitation of others who are weak, is one morally implicated in their predicament? Or are basic rights of human existence confined to the civilized societies that are wealthy enough to afford them? Our values are defined by what we will tolerate when it is done to others.
Topics: Ideas, Life
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Abbie Hoffman American Political Activist
- Robert Reich American Economist, Political Commentator
- Milton Friedman American Economist
- Maureen Dowd American Columnist
- Carl Bernstein American Journalist
- Ted Sorensen American Lawyer, Speechwriter
- Ralph Nader American Activist
- George Will American Columnist
- Larry McMurtry American Novelist
- Wally Amos American Entrepreneur