I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves.
Why is it so painful to watch a person sink? Because there is something unnatural in it, for nature demands personal progress, evolution, and every backward step means wasted energy.
Antipathy, dissimilarity of views, hate, contempt, can accompany true love.
- Ingrid Bergman Swedish Actor
- Henrik Ibsen Norwegian Playwright
- Ingmar Bergman Swedish Film Personality
- Christina, Queen of Sweden Swedish Monarch
- Maurice Maeterlinck Belgian Playwright
- George Bernard Shaw Irish Playwright
- Dorothy L. Sayers British Novelist
- Arthur Miller American Playwright
- Robertson Davies Canada Journalist
- Natalie Clifford Barney American Playwright