Antipathy, dissimilarity of views, hate, contempt, can accompany true love.
I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves.
Why is it so painful to watch a person sink? Because there is something unnatural in it, for nature demands personal progress, evolution, and every backward step means wasted energy.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Ingrid Bergman Swedish Actor
- Henrik Ibsen Norwegian Playwright
- Ingmar Bergman Swedish Film and Stage Director
- Christina, Queen of Sweden Swedish Monarch
- Maurice Maeterlinck Belgian Playwright
- George Bernard Shaw Irish Playwright
- Dorothy L. Sayers British Novelist
- Arthur Miller American Playwright
- W. Somerset Maugham British Novelist
- Tennessee Williams American Playwright