Israel has created a new image of the Jew in the world – the image of a working and an intellectual people, of a people that can fight with heroism.
This life as a simple citizen and laborer has its benefits not only for the person himself but perhaps also for his country. After all, there is room for only one Prime Minister, but for those who make the desert bloom there is room for hundreds, thousands and even millions. And the destiny of the state is in the hands of the many rather than of a single individual. There are times when an individual feels he should do those things which only can and should be done by the many.
Without moral and intellectual independence, there is no anchor for national independence.
- Golda Meir Israeli Head of State
- Igor Stravinsky Russian-born American Composer
- Leo Rosten Russian-born American Humorist
- Bernard Berenson Russian-born American Art Historian
- Vladimir Nabokov Russian-born American Novelist
- Vladimir Horowitz Russian-born American Musician
- Ayn Rand Russian-born American Novelist
- Isaac Asimov Russian-born American Children’s Books Writer
- Margaret Thatcher British Head of State
- Anwar el-Sadat Egyptian Head of State