It takes courage to live a life, any life.
Take your life in your own hands, and what happens?
A terrible thing: no one to blame.
I went for years not finishing anything. Because, of course, when you finish something you can be judged … I had poems which were rewritten so many times I suspect it was just a way of avoiding sending them out.
Topics: Perseverance, Resolve, Endurance
And what is laughter anyway?
Changing the angle of vision.
That is what you love a friend for:
the ability to change your angle of vision,
bring back your best self when you feel worst,
remind you of your strengths when you feel weak.
- Toni Morrison American Novelist
- Robin Morgan American Activist, Writer
- Willa Cather American Novelist
- Langston Hughes American Novelist
- Bernard Malamud American Novelist
- Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni Indian-born American Novelist
- Joyce Carol Oates American Novelist
- Reynolds Price American Novelist
- Barbara Kingsolver American Novelist
- Marge Piercy American Poet, Novelist