I went for years not finishing anything. Because, of course, when you finish something you can be judged … I had poems which were rewritten so many times I suspect it was just a way of avoiding sending them out.
Topics: Resolve, Endurance, Perseverance
And what is laughter anyway?
Changing the angle of vision.
That is what you love a friend for:
the ability to change your angle of vision,
bring back your best self when you feel worst,
remind you of your strengths when you feel weak.
It takes courage to live a life, any life.
Take your life in your own hands, and what happens?
A terrible thing: no one to blame.
- Toni Morrison American Novelist
- Robin Morgan American Activist, Writer
- Willa Cather American Novelist
- Langston Hughes American Novelist
- Bernard Malamud American Novelist
- Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni Indian-born American Novelist
- Marge Piercy American Poet, Novelist
- Joyce Carol Oates American Novelist
- Reynolds Price American Novelist
- Barbara Kingsolver American Novelist