The purpose of life is not to win. The purpose of life is to grow and to share. When you come to look back on all that you have done in life, you will get more satisfaction from the pleasure you have brought into other people’s lives that you will from the times that you outdid and defeated them.
Topics: People, Live, Purpose, Time, Action, Win, Life, Defeat
In the final analysis, the questions of why bad things happen to good people transmutes itself into some very different questions, no longer asking why something happened, but asking how we will respond, what we intend to do now that it happened.
Topics: Attitude, Action
- Hyman Judah Schachtel American Jewish Religious Leader
- Abraham Joshua Heschel American Jewish Rabbi
- Stephen Samuel Wise American Jewish Rabbi
- Nachman of Breslov Ukrainian Jewish Religions Leader
- Abraham Isaac Kook Latvian-born Jewish Rabbi
- Thomas S. Monson American Mormon Religious Leader
- Richard G. Scott American Mormon Religious Leader
- Billy Graham American Baptist Religious Leader
- Mary Manin Morrissey American Christian Religious Leader
- Martin Luther German Protestant Theologian