I am walking over hot coals suspended over a deep pit at the bottom of which are a large number of vipers baring their fangs.
A consensus politician is someone who does something that he doesn’t believe is right because it keeps people quiet when he does it.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Winston Churchill British Head of State
- Margaret Thatcher British Head of State
- Benjamin Disraeli British Head of State
- Harold Macmillan British Head of State
- Neville Chamberlain British Head of State
- Tony Blair British Statesman
- William Ewart Gladstone English Liberal Statesman
- David Lloyd George British Liberal Statesman
- Doris Lessing British Novelist, Poet
- E. F. L. Wood, 1st Earl of Halifax British Politician