Promises and Pye-Crusts, are made to be broken.
The best doctors in the world are Doctor Diet, Doctor Quiet, and Doctor Merryman.
There’s none so blind as they that won’t see.
When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him.
No wise man ever wished to be younger.
It is in men as in soils where sometimes there is a vein of gold which the owner knows not of.
There is no vice or folly that requires so much nicety and skill to manage as vanity; nor any which by ill management makes so contemptible a figure.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Oscar Wilde Irish Poet, Playwright
- Sheridan Le Fanu Irish Novelist
- Laurence Sterne Irish Anglican Novelist
- Thomas Love Peacock English Satirist
- Oliver Goldsmith Anglo-Irish Novelist, Poet
- James Joyce Irish Novelist
- Edmund Burke British Philosopher, Statesman
- Elizabeth Bowen Irish Novelist
- William Butler Yeats Irish Poet
- George William Russell Irish Author