The best doctors in the world are Doctor Diet, Doctor Quiet, and Doctor Merryman.
No wise man ever wished to be younger.
When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him.
It is in men as in soils where sometimes there is a vein of gold which the owner knows not of.
Promises and Pye-Crusts, are made to be broken.
- Oscar Wilde Irish Poet
- Sheridan Le Fanu Irish Novelist
- Laurence Sterne Irish Anglican Novelist
- Thomas Love Peacock English Satirist
- Oliver Goldsmith Irish Author
- James Joyce Irish Novelist
- Edmund Burke Irish Political leader
- Elizabeth Bowen Irish Novelist
- William Butler Yeats Irish Poet
- George William Russell Irish Author