The Life and Soul, the man who will never go home while there is one man, woman or glass of anything not yet drunk.
People get a bad impression of it by continually trying to treat it as if it was a bank clerk, who ought to be on time on Tuesday next, instead of philosophically seeing it as a painter, who may do anything so long as you don’t try to predict what.
- Letty Cottin Pogrebin American Writer
- Jeanette Winterson English Novelist
- Holbrook Jackson British Journalist
- Malcolm Muggeridge English Journalist
- Edwin Arnold English Poet
- G. K. Chesterton English Journalist
- Daniel Defoe English Writer
- Germaine Greer Australia Academic
- Florence Nightingale English Nurse
- Mary Webb English Novelist