People get a bad impression of it by continually trying to treat it as if it was a bank clerk, who ought to be on time on Tuesday next, instead of philosophically seeing it as a painter, who may do anything so long as you don’t try to predict what.
The Life and Soul, the man who will never go home while there is one man, woman or glass of anything not yet drunk.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Letty Cottin Pogrebin American Writer
- Jeanette Winterson English Novelist
- Holbrook Jackson British Journalist
- G. K. Chesterton English Journalist
- Edwin Arnold English Poet
- Malcolm Muggeridge English Journalist
- Daniel Defoe English Writer
- Germaine Greer Australia Academic
- Sydney Smith English Preacher
- A. A. Milne British Humorist, Children’s Writer