People say to me, “You were a roaring success. How did you do it?” I go back to what my parents taught me. Apply yourself. Get all the education you can, but then, by God, do something. Don’t just stand there, make something happen.
Topics: Action, Performance
If you want to make good use of your time, you’ve got to know what’s most important and then give it all you’ve got.
You can have brilliant ideas, but if you can’t get them across, your ideas won’t get you anywhere.
Most people are looking for security, a nice, safe, prosperous future. And there’s nothing wrong with that. It’s called the American Dream.
In a completely rational society, the best of us would be teachers and the rest of us would have to settle for something less, because passing civilization along from one generation to the next ought to be the highest honor and the highest responsibility anyone could have.
- Henry J. Kaiser American Industrialist
- Henry Ford American Businessperson
- Charles M. Schwab American Businessperson
- Michael Dell American Businessperson
- Anne M. Mulcahy American Businessperson
- Jack Welch American Businessperson
- Jeffrey Immelt American Businessperson
- Bill Gates American Businessperson
- Andrew Grove Hungarian-born American Businessperson
- W. Clement Stone American Businessperson