I sit astride life like a bad rider on a horse. I only owe it to the horse’s good nature that I am not thrown off at this very moment.
I don’t know why we are here, but I’m pretty sure that it is not in order to enjoy ourselves.
If a person tells me he has been to the worst places I have no reason to judge him; but if he tells me it was his superior wisdom that enabled him to go there, then I know he is a fraud.
- Ludwig von Mises Austrian Economist
- Bertrand A. Russell British Philosopher, Mathematician
- Henri Bergson French Philosopher
- Franz Kafka Austrian Novelist
- Franz Grillparzer Austrian Dramatist
- Klemens Wenzel, Prince von Metternich Austrian Political leader
- Alfred Adler Austrian Psychiatrist
- Viktor Frankl Austrian Psychiatrist
- Baruch Spinoza Dutch Philosopher
- F. H. Bradley British Philosopher