Forgive, forget. Bear with the faults of others as you would have them bear with yours. Be patient and understanding. Life is too short to be vengeful or malicious.
Topics: Forgiveness, Patience
No man or woman of the humblest sort can really be strong, gentle and pure and good, without the world being better for it, without somebody being helped and comforted by the very existence of that goodness.
Topics: Goodness, Existence
O, do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men! Do not pray for tasks equal to your powers. Pray for powers equal to your tasks! Then the doing of your work shall be no miracle. But you shall be a miracle. Every day you shall wonder at yourself, at the richness of life which has come to you by the grace of God.
Topics: Prayer, Strength, Potential, Ability
- Sam Shoemaker American Episcopal Priest
- Edward Everett Hale American Unitarian Clergyman
- Hosea Ballou American Universalist Clergyman
- Thomas Merton French-born American Clergyman
- William Laurence Sullivan American Unitarian Clergyman
- Edward McKendree Bounds American Methodist Clergyman
- James Freeman Clarke American Unitarian Clergyman
- John Lancaster Spalding American Catholic Clergyman
- George C. Lorimer American Baptist Clergyman
- Austin Phelps American Presbyterian Clergyman