Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men!
Do not pray for tasks equal to your powers.
Pray for power equal to your tasks.
Forgive, forget. Bear with the faults of others as you would have them bear with yours. Be patient and understanding. Life is too short to be vengeful or malicious.
Topics: Forgiveness, Patience
No man or woman can be strong, gentle, pure, and good, without the world being better for it and without someone being helped and comforted by the very existence of that goodness.
Be such a person, and live such a life,
that if every one were such as you,
and every life such as yours,
this earth would be God’s paradise.
- Sam Shoemaker American Episcopal Priest
- Edward Everett Hale American Unitarian Clergyman
- Hosea Ballou American Universalist Clergyman
- Thomas Merton French-born American Clergyman
- Edward McKendree Bounds American Methodist Clergyman
- William Laurence Sullivan American Unitarian Clergyman
- James Freeman Clarke American Unitarian Clergyman
- Charles Henry Parkhurst American Clergyman
- John Lancaster Spalding American Catholic Clergyman
- Frederick Buechner American Presbyterian Clergyman