Bread is like dressed, hats and shoes — in other words, essential!
To the old saying that man built the house but woman made of it a “home” might be added the modern supplement that woman accepted cooking as a chore but man has made of it a recreation.
Topics: Cooking, Eating
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Zora Neale Hurston American Novelist
- Flannery O’Connor American Novelist
- Dorothy Canfield Fisher American Novelist
- Lisa Alther American Novelist
- Cynthia Ozick American Novelist, Essayist
- Edith Wharton American Novelist, Short-story Writer
- Amy Tan Chinese-American Novelist
- Lydia Davis American Author
- Carol Shields Canadian Author, Academic
- Sylvia Plath American Poet, Novelist