Compassion for others begins with kindness to ourselves.
Compassionate action involves working with ourselves as much as working with others.
- Robert Thurman American Buddhist Scholar
- The 14th Dalai Lama Tibetan Buddhist Religious Leader
- Alan Watts British Buddhist Philosopher
- D. T. Suzuki Japanese Buddhist Philosopher
- Joseph Goldstein American Buddhist Teacher
- Thich Nhat Hanh Vietnamese Buddhist Religious Leader
- Natalie Goldberg American Buddhist Author
- Nagarjuna Indian Buddhist Philosopher
- Janet Erskine Stuart English Catholic Nun
- Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche Tibetan Buddhist Religious Leader