Leadership is learned, not something you are born with.
Prepare relentlessly for whatever you do.
For every 1 hour ‘on show’ you must spend
4 hours preparing for it. Study, read and learn,
independently of school or work, etc. Stand up to bullies.
Stand up for yourself. Have a sense of justice.
It is important to have the right leadership
in government and other public life, but
the most important leadership is how we live our own life.
Accountability starts with yourself. “I am responsible.”
Freedom is about the willingness of every single human being to cede to lawful authority a great deal of discretion about what you do, and how you do it.
Life needs penalties and rewards for people. You can’t control people with only penalties. You have to think how to create rewards.
We gain strength from other people. We give strength to each other.
Life gives us tragedies and heartaches, but it also gives us reasons to celebrate, and we must not allow the tragedies to stop us celebrating the good times, but celebrate them all the more.
- William Bennett American Politician
- Robert F. Kennedy American Politician
- Harry Browne American Politician
- Horace Greeley American Elected Rep
- Robert G. Ingersoll American Atheist Politician
- Wendell Willkie American Politician
- Thomas Brackett Reed American Politician
- Michael Bloomberg American Businessperson
- Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin French Lawyer
- George Madison Adams American Politician