You may have expected that enlightenment would come Zap! instantaneous and permanent. This is unlikely. After the first “ah ha” experience, it can be thought of as the thinning of a layer of clouds … .
You and I are the force for transformation in the world.|We are the consciousness that will define the|nature of the reality we are moving into.
Healing does not mean going back to the way things were before, but rather allowing what is now to move us closer to God.
When you are already in Detroit, you don’t have to take a bus to get there.
The spiritual journey is individual, highly personal.|It can’t be organized or regulated. It isn’t true that|everyone should follow one path. Listen to your own truth.
The quieter you become, the more you can hear.
Turn your melodrama into a mellow drama.
Creativity springs from the yearning to be the fullness of who you are.
You spent the first half of your life becoming somebody. Now you can work on becoming nobody, which is really somebody. For when you become nobody there is no tension, no pretense, no one trying to be anyone or anything. The natural state of the mind shines through unobstructed — and the natural state of the mind is pure love.
The most exquisite paradox? As soon as you give it all up, you can have it all. As long as you want power, you can’t have it. The minute you don’t want power, you’ll have more than you ever dreamed possible.
You must come to see every human being including yourself,|as an incarnation in a body or personality,|going through a certain life experience which is functional.
- Sivaya Subramuniyaswami American Hindu Teacher
- Timothy Leary American Psychologist, Author
- Swami Chinmayananda Indian Hindu Teacher
- B. K. S. Iyengar Indian Hindu Yoga Teacher
- John Ciardi American Poet, Teacher
- Paramahansa Yogananda Indian Hindu Mystic
- Christa McAuliffe American Teacher
- Joseph Goldstein American Buddhist Teacher
- Robert Henri American Painter, Teacher
- Amos Bronson Alcott American Teacher