It’s essentially impossible to become successful or well off doing a job that is described and measured by someone else. The only chance our country (your country, depends where you live), your economy and most of all, your family has to get ahead is this: make up new rules. People who make up new rules continue to be in very short supply.
Bad behavior and irrational decisions are almost always caused by fear. If you want to change the behavior, address the fear.
If you can’t state your position in eight words or less, you don’t have a position.
99% of the time, in my experience, the hard part about creativity isn’t coming up with something no one has ever thought of before. The hard part is actually executing the thing you’ve thought of.
Expectations are the engines of our perceptions.
Instead of wondering when your next vacation is, you ought to set up a life you don’t need to escape from.
If you want to become the kind of person that any company would kill to have as an employee, you need to be the kind of employee that’s really picky about who you align with.
If it’s worth doing,
it’s worth doing well.
Somewhere in the world, someone is doing something that you decided couldn’t be done.
You know something is important when you’re willing to let someone else take the credit if that’s what it takes to get it done.
Don’t try to please everyone. There are countless people who don’t want one, haven’t heard of one or actively hate it. So what?
- Tom Peters American Management Consultant
- Russell Simmons American Entrepreneur
- Steve Jobs American Entrepreneur
- Robert Ringer American Entrepreneur
- Herb Kelleher American Entrepreneur
- Martha Stewart American Entrepreneur
- Jim Rohn American Entrepreneur
- Lady Bird Johnson American Entrepreneur
- James Cash Penney American Entrepreneur
- Marshall Field American Entrepreneur