Money is human happiness in the abstract; and so the man who is no longer capable of enjoying such happiness in the concrete, sets his whole heart on money.
Topics: Success, Happiness, Money
Life is a language in which certain truths are conveyed to us; if we could learn them in some other way, we should not live.
Men of learning are those who have read the contents of books. Thinkers, geniuses, and those who have enlightened the world and furthered the race of men, are those who have made direct use of the book of the world.
In the whole world there is no study so beneficial and so elevating as that of the Upanishads. It has been the solace of my life–it will be the solace of my death.
It is a great piece of folly to sacrifice the inner for the outer man.
If there is anything in the world that can really be called a mans property, it is surely that which is the result of his mental activity.
Hatred comes from the heart; contempt from the head; and neither feeling is quite within our control.
We seldom think of what we have,
but always of what we lack.
What a man is contributes much more to his happiness than what he has, or how he is regarded by others.
According to me, the influence of Sanskrit literature will not be lesser than what was, in the 16th century, Greece’s influence on Renaissance. One day, India’s wisdom will flow again on Europe and will totally transform our knowledge and thought.
Hatred is an affair of the heart; contempt that of the head.
Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
- Friedrich Nietzsche German Philosopher, Scholar
- Immanuel Kant Prussian German Philosopher
- Wilhelm von Humboldt German Philosopher
- Friedrich Heinrich Jacobi German Philosopher
- Martin Heidegger German Existential Philosopher
- Immanuel Hermann Fichte German Philosopher
- Moses Mendelssohn German Jewish Philosopher
- Johann Gottfried Herder German Lutheran Philosopher
- Friedrich Schiller German Poet
- Hannah Arendt German Political Theorist