I’m very serious about no alcohol, no drugs. Life is too beautiful.
Until Ace Ventura, no actor had considered talking through his ass.
I’ve always believed in magic. When I wasn’t doing anything in this town, I’d go up every night, sit on Mulholland Drive, look out at the city, stretch out my arms, and say, “Everybody wants to work with me. I’m a really good actor. I have all kinds of great movie offers”. I’d just repeat these things over and over, literally convincing myself that I had a couple movies lined up. I’d drive down that hill, ready to take the world on, going, “Movie offers are out there for me, I just don’t hear them yet”. It was like total affirmations, antidotes to the stuff that stems from my family background.
Topics: Good, Family, Believe, Doing, Work
My focus is to forget the pain of life. Forget the pain, mock the pain, reduce it. And laugh.
I try to do something the audience might not have seen before. Like if I’m gonna kiss a girl I wanna kiss her like a girl has never been kissed. Like maybe I would kick her legs out from under her and catch her right before she hits the ground and then kiss her.
Heaven is on the other side of that feeling you get when you’re sitting on the couch and you get up and make a triple-decker sandwich. It’s on the other side of that, when you don’t make the sandwich. It’s about sacrifice…. It’s about giving up the things that basically keep you from feeling. That’s what I believe, anyway. I’m always asking, “What am I going to give up next?” Because I want to feel.
- Robin Williams American Actor, Comedian
- Whoopi Goldberg American Comedian, Actor
- Steven Wright American Comedian, Actor
- Phyllis Diller American Actor, Comedian
- Groucho Marx American Actor, Comedian
- W. C. Fields American Actor, Comedian
- Dustin Hoffman American Actor, TV Personality
- Wayne Gretzky Canadian Sportsperson
- Lucy Maud Montgomery Canadian Novelist, Diarists
- Thomas Chandler Haliburton Canadian Author, Humorist